Our Commitment to Professionalism in Banking
Member firms join the CB:PSB by agreeing to the CB:PSB’s Commitment to Professionalism in Banking. Read the CB:PSB’s Commitment to Professionalism in Banking below - double click to read in full screen (the file may take a few seconds to load in your browser) - a download of the pdf is also available here
The Commitment, signed by the Chairman and/or Chief Executive of the member firm, requires the organisation to:
- Subscribe to the Chartered Banker Code of Professional Conduct;
- Contribute to the development of the CB:PSB’s professional standards;
- Allocate responsibility to a senior executive for embedding the CB:PSB’s professional standards within the organisation;
- Provide an appropriate representative to join the Professional Standards Committee;
- Establish an implementation group to support the embedding of professional standards;
- Establish mechanisms to monitor and report on professional standards implementation;
- Celebrate and encourage employees’ achievement of professional standards;
- Report annually on achievement of professional standards;
- Support individuals who have failed to meet professional standards requirements through conduct or competence related issues;
- Communicate their involvement to internal and external stakeholders; and
- Contribute to funding the work of the CB:PSB.
The commitment to implement professional standards must come from the senior management of member firms, with strong support overtly expressed by Chairmen, Chief Executives and other main board directors.